When your received your call button system, each button had a number written on it that was later used to set it up on the website. You may be wondering where this number comes from and how to change it. You may want to change it if for instance you move your button elsewhere yet want to keep your other setting. Changing the button ID is very easy and only takes a couple minutes.
- First take out the 4 screws holding the lid on your button.
- Locate the 4 pin dip-switch (shown above). It should have the marking “Radio” just beneath it.
- Take note of which switches are forward (towards the ON letters) in case you want to reset it back.
- The ID is determined by the binary math of the switches as shown below.
- Once you have the switches set, you’re done! The next time this button is pressed it will act as the ID you set it to.
How to set dip-switch:
The ID if all of the switches are OFF is 0.
If the 1 switch is on, add 1.
If the 2 switch is on, add 2.
If the 3 switch is on, add 4.
If the 4 switch is on, add 8.
ID-1 = Switch 1 ON = 0 + 1 = 1
ID-7 = Switch 1, 2, and 3 ON = 0 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 7
ID-11 = Switch 1, 2, and 4 ON = 0 + 1 + 2 + 8 = 11
ID-15 = Switch 1, 2, 3, and 4 ON = 0 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 = 15
|Switch 1||Switch 2||Switch 3||Switch 4|